Use these discussion questions to get your youth to start talking. Make sure you allow for everyone’s input.
You may get a wide range of standards in the answers that are given, but do not rebuke the youths’ responses. Facilitate the discussion so that other youth can defend the “right” answers. If you try to ask the question and then tell them their answer is wrong, then they won’t answer any more questions. Help create an atmosphere where they can feel free to express their thoughts.
- Is it okay for Christians to drink if they’re of age? Why or why not?
- When (if ever) do you believe it’s wrong for Christians to drink?
- Is it acceptable for Christians to smoke? Why or why not?
- Should Christians support the death penalty? If so, under what circumstances?
- Do you believe it’s okay for a Christian couple to get a divorce? Why or why not?
- Is abortion ever okay? If so, when?