If you could have 10 guaranteed things to be in your future house, what would they be and why for each one?
Have the youth write these down on a piece of paper and turn it in anonymously. Read aloud the lists that were turned in. If you have 10+ youth, maybe sample 4-5 lists to read.
Let’s say you were going to live in God’s house… discuss what items you would put in God’s house. (not necessarily from the written list from the above question)
- Why would you have each item there?
- Why have you omitted other items from your future house list?
Have the youth read the following Bible verses:
John 14:2-3 (NIV)
“In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
John 14:23 (NIV)
“Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”
Why is it so hard to think that God can dwell with us right now?
- What attitudes, material things, and actions prevent Him from dwelling with us?
- What attitudes, material things, and actions promote Him dwelling with us?
List what you need for Jesus to dwell in you.
- What did you include and what did you exclude from your list?